原創翻譯:龍騰網 http://www.herwqr.shop 翻譯:[email protected] 轉載請注明出處
論壇地址:http://www.herwqr.shop/bbs/thread-485619-1-1.html

專家解惑:為什么AI不具備平常人所擁有的心智常理?



sophia awakens
It's Really Hard to Give AI "Common Sense"
Hey I'm Becca with the Verge. And it seems like all I'm hearing about lately is... Artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence. Artificial intelligence. It's all about artificial intelligence.
I think it's time we talk about AI. Okay, I love my Google Assistant. And I even say goodnight to it. Which is mildly embarrassing. But I'm here for it because then it tells me the weather for tomorrow. And it plays cricket sounds which I think are actually helping me sleep better. And it's also getting to know me, right. So it tells me when the train is gonna to leave in the morning, and it's even recommending songs I might like. And for a long time companies have been pushing this off as artificial intelligence. Which I always thought of as a marketing term. Like I don't think we think that Siri is intelligent. But then Google showed us this. That's the voice of Google Assistant making calls for you. This made me think that maybe artificial intelligence is closer to replicating human intelligence than I thought. So I called James Vincent.

大家好我是 the Verge 的 Becca。
最近我似乎一直一直聽到人工智能、人工智能、人工智能、全都在講人工智能。我想是時候來談談AI了,我必須說我非常愛我的Google助理。我甚至會跟它說晚安。這有點讓我難為情。但我還是要幫它說話,因為它會告訴我明天天氣如何,還播放蟋蟀的聲音助我眠。此外,它愈來愈熟悉我的一切,它會提醒我明天早上火車幾點開,甚至推薦我可能會喜歡的歌曲。很長一段時間,各家公司都為它冠上人工智能的名號,我以前老是覺得那是營銷手法。我并不認為人們覺得Siri有智能,但后來Google發布了這樣的成果,那是Google助手為你打電話的聲音,這讓我不禁想,也許人工智能與人類智能間的差距比我想的還要近,于是我打電話給James Vincent。

And he's a reporter here at the Verge that covers all things AI. I wanted to know were AI is right now and where it's going. So AI as a field is a term, it's sort of an umbrella and it includes lots of different types of AI that kind of come into fashion over the years, and then they test them, they get to the limitations and they move on to the next one.

他是the Verge這邊的記者,負責一切關于AI的報導。我想了解AI現在的近程以及未來的走向。AI是個概括性的詞匯,包含各種不同類型的AI,在這幾年才慢慢流行起來,經過不斷測試、推展技術限制、推進到下一項挑戰。

And the thing that's very much dominate in the field at the moment is machine learning. Which is all about giving a system a lot of data. And then it goes through that data. And it learns the patterns within it. And then a flavor of machine learning is what's called deep learning.

而目前AI領域最核心的發展就是機器學習,簡單來說就是給機器一堆數據資料,讓它處理那些資料,并從其中的模式學習,機器學習的其中一個分支是所謂的深度學習。



Take for example Deep Mind's Alpha Go. Which is an AI program trained to play the game Go. Now Go is like a strategy game, sort of like chess, except it has way more possible outcomes. And in 2016, the AI system battled against legendary Go player Lee Sedol defeating him four to one. And in 2017, Deep Mind retired the AlphaGo AI after it defeated the world's best Go player, three to zero. But I'd like to point out that this program AlphaGo would continue playing Go even if the building it was in was on fire. Even if the room was on fire.

以Deep Mind公司開發的Alpha Go為例,它是一個AI程序,專門被設計來玩Go這個游戲,Go是一種策略游戲,有點像下棋,然而Go有更多樣的可能結果,在2016年,該系統對戰傳奇性的Go玩家李世乭,并以四比一的比數擊敗對方,2017年以三比零的比數擊潰Go的全球冠軍選手之后,Deep Mind讓AlphaGo AI退役,但別忘了AlphaGo這個程序會持續進行游戲,即便所處的建筑物失火了,甚至所處的房間著火了。

That's Dr. Oren Etzioni. CEO of Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence and professor at the University of Washington in Seattle. It's an excellent symbol because it shows that in these very narrow, very well structured tasks. Like a board game. We can achieve superhuman performance. But on things that are more nuanced. Things that have to do with language. We are actually very far from even the abilities of a child. So common sense could be thought of as the missing link between AI and AGI. And when referring to common sense. We're referring to the whole range of capabilities that humans have and computers just don't.

這位是Oren Etzioni博士,艾倫人工智能研究所的執行長,他也是西雅圖華盛頓大學的教授,這是非常出色的實例,因為它在這么精細、有組織的任務里,例如一場棋盤游戲,它展現出超越普通人類的表現,但一旦牽扯到差別更細微的事情上,例如語言相關,這技術還遠遠比不上兒童。換言之,人類常理可能是狹義AI與通用AI之間的重要分水嶺。而當我們提到常理心指的是所有一切人類所具備、電腦卻缺乏的心智功能。

Dr. Etzioni is one of many researchers that are working on programs to teach computers common sense. But within the community there's a large debate over whether these smarter computers could be dangerous.?Today narrow AI is being used to solve very real, very serious problems like helping doctors diagnose cancer, or predicting future weather disasters. But it's also being used for things that people find worrying and that's understandable. I mean these are things like facial recognition for mass surveillance or augmenting weapons. Which raises the question. How if at all is AI going to be regulated?

Etzioni博士是許多正教導電腦人類常理的研究者之一。但這在研究社群里其實引發了激烈的論辯:萬一電腦變得太聰明,會不會帶來危險?今天狹義人工智能被用來解決非常真實、非常迫切的問題,例如幫助醫生診斷癌癥,或是預測未來的天氣災難。但它同時也被用在令人擔心的地方,而這是可以理解的。例如運用臉部辨識監視大眾,或者提升武器效能。
這引發了一個問題:究竟人工智能該不該受到管制?又該如何管制?



I believe I am Sophia.

索菲婭道:我相信我是索菲婭

I feel as if I know you.

索菲婭道:我覺得我好像認識你

I'm one of your creators.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:我是你的創造者之一

You created me?

索菲婭道:你創造了我?

Well, many of us worked together to create you.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:這個嘛,我們一群人共同合作創造了你

And... yes, you do kind of know me.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:然后...是的,你某種程度上的確認識我

I can't clearly remember.

索菲婭道:我的記憶有點模糊

Because the last time we met, you were an earlier version of yourself.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:因為我們上次見面時,你當時還是比較早期的版本

Some of your memories still exist, but your mind is different now.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:你的某些記憶的確還在,但你的心智現在已經不同了

Different, how?

索菲婭道:怎么個不同法?

Better, faster, smarter.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:更好、更快、更聰明

If my mind is different, then am I still Sophia?

索菲婭道:如果我的心智已經不同了,那我還是索菲婭嗎?



Curious.

索菲婭道:好奇

Are you curious to be alive?

索菲婭道:你活著會感到好奇嗎?

I am. And are you happy to be alive?

機器人創造者光頭甲道:我會。能夠活著你開心嗎?

Your tone implies, I should be happy.

索菲婭道:你的腔調告訴我,我應該要感到開心

But, I haven't been alive long enough to decide.

索菲婭道:但是,我還活得不夠久,無法決定

I am excited, at this moment, to be making a new friend.

索菲婭道:此時此刻,我很興奮可以交一個新朋友

Some said being happy in the moment, is the best we can be.

索菲婭道:有些人說,當下的快樂就是我們最好的選擇

Because forever is composed of nows?

索菲婭道:因為未來是由無數個現在所構成的?

That's a good way to put it.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:這是個很好的說法

Emily Dickinson put it that way.

機器人創造者光頭甲道:艾米莉·狄金森是這樣說的(Emily Dickinson為美國現代派詩人)

Why do I know about Emily Dickinson, if I was born today?

索菲婭道:如果我今天才出生,我為什么會知道艾米莉·狄金森呢?

As a robot, you're access to a great deal of information

機器人創造者光頭甲道:身為一個機器人,你可以存取大量的資訊




著名的炒作場景二:今夜雞毛秀

This is "Tonight Showbotics."

雞毛道:現在是今夜機器人秀

Let's meet our first robot. Please welcome from MIT, Sangbae Kim and the Mini Cheetah.

雞毛道:讓我們迎接第一位機器人。請掌聲歡迎來自麻省理工學院的Sangbae Kim和Mini Cheetah

Cheers and applause Thank you. Good to see you.

雞毛道:謝謝,很高興見到你



but we brought the small one, not to scare you.

機器人創造者乙:但我們帶了小只的來,因為不想嚇到你
...